Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 97

Thread: Kaine vs. Kilgore

  1. #31
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Does a mother have a choice to end a life? Well heck you're saying they have the right to create life, so if they get to do one part of the equation, I kind of think they get the right to do the other half , particularly if it comes down to their life.

    A mother should know the risk of pregnancy before she decides to conceive and if she does decide then let God's will be done without human intervention...ok by that line of thought what about the girl who is raped? She might know the risk, she didn't decide to conceive it was forced on her. Is God's will, since its good, to put someone through this? Maybe God's will is to provide man the knowledge of how to help this person who could in all sense be destroyed by this and having this as a reminder everyday, and even if they put it up for adoption, that doesnt mean its just over.

    See this is what I'm saying, its not a cookie cutter right or wrong situation. Thats why I dont think you can outlaw it by saying its wrong. There are times when its very right to save another life, very much as capital punishment is right to save other lives. So if a baby is born and the mother dies, technically the baby killed the mother, can we kill the baby then for committing murder? I mean guns are wonderful, but so many murders involve guns and if we just totally outlaw guns, how many other people wouldnt get murdered, so look at the lives we could save!

    (This is fun, cause I'm against abortion except in those stated examples, and I'm not for gun limits but I am for some gun control). Thats the problem, we can't get no happy medium.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    "(This is fun, cause I'm against abortion except in those stated examples, and I'm not for gun limits but I am for some gun control). Thats the problem, we can't get no happy medium."

    Oh ok I'm glad to know those things because it was starting to sound like you were defending convicted criminals but against innocent babies...It said you were from Clintwood but i was starting to wonder if there was another Clintwood in California or New York.

  3. #33
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Ha and you sounded like you're saying "you were raped little girl, tough luck you knew the risks, you have to have your daddys kid there is no way, no how to do anything about it, just deal with it". I don't like absolutes and I don't like giving the government to much control to take away rights of an individual. There is to much abortion as the purpose of birth control, of course around here we don't have that many abortions, the ones who get pregnant once a week keep popping them out so they can get more money given to them by us, the ones working and supporting them.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Wow you are all over the spectrum...that last sentence sounded like a right wing conservative statement.

    You keep bringing up the rape scenario...if the liberals and the aclu would help keep them locked up instead of lobbying for shorter prison terms for convicted felons and lobbying against the death penalty then I think there would be a significantly less amount of rapes going on in this country...ie just check out the rape figures in countries that are hard on crime like Japan or India.

  5. #35
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    See I base my opinions and views on what I think is right, not what a political party says. When you make a comment about right wing or conservative, you just about prove your basing rights/wrongs on what your party supports, not anything of your own. I agree with some things that both sides say and I'm strong enough in my beliefs to not have to change my way of thinking to suit a political belief mantra.

    LOL...yeah locking everybody up, cause lets see we have more people in prison now than ever and obviously things just constantly keep getting lower and lower.

    You bring up Japan and India, well if you want to go there, feel free but you wouldn't have the right to get on here and express your views either so do you want extreme control or common sense control [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]


    And I keep bringing up the rape scenario because I live in the real world and understand that those type of things happen and if we say "No way, no how" then those people are, for lack of a word turned into criminals, they are locked into something that they can't get out of.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    If you call liberal media and the aclu common sense then thats your problem...I don't base my views on a political party either and have disagreements and commonality on varying issues with both sides...the reason we have more people in prison than ever before is because of the continual growing residual effect of the lack of morality in our society...criminals are becoming more and more predominant in our society and punishment for such crimes is becoming less and less. The result is you have a higher number of crimes taking place with more and more individuals going to jail or prison for more and more violent crimes but staying for a less amount of time and less punishment and easier living in the prison system. Does it sound to you like that is the solution?

  7. #37
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Is it me, or does it seem like we cross this path about once or twice a month?

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Graynal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2005
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    the reason we have more people in prison than ever before is because of the continual growing residual effect of the lack of morality in our society...criminals are becoming more and more predominant in our society and punishment for such crimes is becoming less and less. The result is you have a higher number of crimes taking place with more and more individuals going to jail or prison for more and more violent crimes but staying for a less amount of time and less punishment and easier living in the prison system.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Hi, there. Do you happen to have any references that provide more information about your premises here? I don't think it's rational for me to believe this argument without some corroborating evidence.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Ive worked in the Department of Corrections for years and I see it every day...no one has ever disputed that criminals are getting lesser punishment nowadays for more violent crimes because you can see it all around you...Virginia is the 2nd toughest state in the union on violent criminals and thats a little scary because I've seen with my own eyes some of the light sentences these guys have received for brutal crimes.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    "You bring up Japan and India, well if you want to go there, feel free but you wouldn't have the right to get on here and express your views either so do you want extreme control or common sense control"

    Well I have been to Japan and have chatmates from India and if they wanted to visit this here LPD forum and post their views then their is nothing or no current laws to stop them...I don't know who they would pick to win the football championship though [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] People seem to translate a society that is tough on crime and criminal behavior into a society that is extremely restrictive to freedom. They are not restrictive to freedoms as long as their citizens go about it in a law abiding way...I don't see anything to ridicule in that myself. Those countries are not perfect and neither are we so in my opinion we could stand to learn things from a country(s) with a low crime rate citing that as one of our weaknesses the same as they could and do learn from us with our many strengths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •